Views: 116 Posts: 0 Started By: Lil_prince Last Poster: Lil_prince Last Post Date: Oct 12, 2016
October 12, 2016 ( Post 1 )

A Nigerian man has been suspended from
work on grounds of alleged homosexuality.

File photo of homosexual men

A young man identified as Andrew was recently placed on three weeks suspension at his workplace over allegations of homosexuality.

According to him, he was called before a panel at the Port Harcourt hotel where he worked as a cook for the past two years, and queried about his private life, asking why they had never seen his girlfriend and if he was gay.

Speaking to NoStrings a website for the LGBT
community in Nigeria (wahala dey oo) he said:

“I was called into the managers officers, were they started asking me about if I have a girlfriend and how come they have never seen her visit me at work, but yet I have been seen to have romantic conversations on the phone, I was shocked and surprised that what they were asking me about my own private life, something that had nothing to do with work.”

He got angry, spoke harshly to the management, which resulted in his suspension, he said:

“They have given me three weeks suspension, and I am just ashamed and embarrassed. I can’t believe that an organization that I have been loyal to for two years, will do this to me. They have even reduced my salary, and things are very difficult for me right now. One of my managers, who at the meeting promised to investigate the issue, called me on the phone and asked that I come to see her for talks. But since the event, I have been very ill, and could not go, I just hope that I get a new job because I can’t imagine how I would be treated if just in case my position is retained at that hotel. But right now, I do not know if i am still suspended or sacked.”

The unnamed hotel has reportedly put up a sign advertising for a cook, outside.

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys