Arrest Of Judges: Read Statement From The Presidency
| || |
October 12, 2016 ( Post 1 )
The Presidency has released a statement regarding the arrest of some judges by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) as it said the arrest was not an attack on the judiciary.
The statement released by Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu explained that President Buhari would never do anything to violate the constitution of Nigeria.
1. The Presidency assures that the President reserves his highest respect for the institution of the judiciary as the 3rd arm of government.
2. To this end, the President will not do anything to undermine its independence.
3. President Buhari remains a committed democrat, in words and in his action, and will not take any action in violation of the constitution.
4 The recent surgical operation against some judicial officers is specifically targeted at corruption & not at d judiciary as an institution.
5. In a robust democracy such as ours, there is bound to be a plurality of opinions on any given issue,…
6. …but there is a convergence of views that the country has a corruption problem that needs to be corrected.
7. But reports by a section of the media are giving us cause for concern.
8. In undertaking the task of reporting, the media should be careful about the fault lines they open.
9. It is wrong to present this incident as a confrontation between the executive and judicial arms of government.
10. The Presidency has received assurances from the DSS that all due processes of the law, including the possession of search…
11. …and arrest warrants were obtained before the searches.
12. To suggest that the government is acting outside the law in a dictatorial manner is to breach the interest of the state.
Share it Let Friends Know
Make A Reply Below!