Views: 154 Posts: 0 Started By: Lil_prince Last Poster: Lil_prince Last Post Date: Oct 07, 2016
October 7, 2016 ( Post 1 )

– Alhaji Lai Mohammed has said that “Change
Begins with Me” was no copyright version of
drama skits “Not In My Country”.

– The minister of information and technology said the FG’s national re-orientation campaign was his idea

– Mohammed said he came up with the FG’s
initiative before he met Akin Fadeyi who has
accused him of plagiarism and intellectual
theft.

Following claims that the Federal Government
(FG) stole the “Change Begins with me” idea, the
minister of information and culture, Alhaji Lai
Mohammed has reacted.

The minister of information and culture Lai
Mohammed says the “Change begins with me”
concept was not stolen from anyone.

On Thursday, October 6, the minister refuted
claims by Chief Afe Babalola and Akin Fadeyi,
that the FG’s national re-orientation campaign,
‘Change Begin with Me’ was a copyright version
of drama skits ‘Not In My Country’ initiative.

Vanguard reports that Mohammed’s reaction
came barely seven days after a senior lawyer at
the Afe Babalola Chambers, Adebayo
Adenipekun, wrote to the President, alleging
that the initiative launched to bring attitudinal
change in the country, originated from him and
was taken from his project: ‘Not In My Country.’

The minister made the explanation after unveiling the national re-orientation campaign to stakeholders in the private sector in Lagos.

He noted that the idea behind the national re-orientation was designed and completed two months before he met Fadeyi.

He said:

“I was nominated in October and the moment I was nominated, I called my team and I told them that the most important thing was to change the attitude of Nigerians. I am happy that the agencies that worked on the idea are here today.

“We started working on the initiative immediately and on 14 October, 2015 when I
was confirmed as a minister, I had completed
work on the initiative. I made available to the media, incontrovertible evidence that by
October 14th, 2015, I had completed work on
the initiative.

“On 31 October, 2015, I had completed the radio jingles and television commercials. After we had completed work on the programme, Mr. Akin Fadeyi came to me on December 30th, 2015. So, how can one accuse me of stealing an idea which was completed by October last year? The person, who claimed that I stole his idea came to me in December. Mr. Akin Fadeyi, Afe
Babalola and I will meet in court.”

Earlier, Director General of the National
Orientation Agency, NOA, Garba Abare, said the initiative was aimed at making citizens major players in the redevelopment of the country.


Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys