Views: 160 Posts: 0 Started By: lil_prince Last Poster: lil_prince Last Post Date: Jun 13, 2016
June 13, 2016 ( Post 1 )

Little Lourenco Salvador is exclusively pictured above for the first time after being born by caesarean section while his tragic mum Sandra Pedro, 37, lay brain-dead and hooked to a ventilator.

According to Daily Mirror, doctors and nurses
spent 107 days nurturing the unborn tot, singing soothing songs to him through his mum’s belly and even cuddling him.

Speaking for the first time, father Miguel
Angelo reveals doctors were about to switch off Sandra’s life support after she suffered a
devastating brain haemorrhage. Her baby was thought to be dead too – until they found the heartbeat. Miguel, 30, says: “She was taken in on the Saturday and they were going to pull the plug on Sunday. Then they did a test and found a ­ heartbeat and the doctor said, ‘Never in my life have I had a dead person with a live baby inside of her’.

“I was dealing with the sadness of her death and then there is this joy inside. It was strange. I hoped my son would survive but I thought it was a long shot. It was a long time to wait, to get to 32 weeks.

“Every day I feared the phone call saying he
hadn’t made it.” Sandra collapsed in tears with a severe headache on February 20. The terrified mum-to-be, who was 17 weeks pregnant, told Miguel she thought she was going to die as he held her in his arms.

Hours later was declared brain-dead at San Jose Hospital in Lisbon, Portugal. Doctors were certain the baby would be lost too.
But in an extraordinary twist, Lourenco survived nearly four months growing in his mother’s womb and was born on June 7, weighing 5lb 3oz.

As Miguel anxiously waited for news during the delivery, he could not stop shaking. And when doctors told him he was a father, he nearly collapsed.

Speaking from his home in Alverca, close to
Lisbon, Miguel says: “I couldn’t talk.I was really white and I was shaking. "Then when I saw him I couldn’t stop smiling. He was a handful with black hair. He was lying on the
side looking really relaxed.”

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys