Patrick Obahiagbon, who once represented Oredo Federal Constituency of Edo state shot to limelight the moment he arrived the House of Representatives in 2007 with his uncanny knack for jaw-breaking grammars.
Here is a compilation of the top 20 Jaw breaking words ever used by the grammarian and their meanings:
1. Crinkum-crankum – Elaborate or detailed (archaic)
2. Megalomania – a mental illness or condition in which somebody has an exaggerated belief in their own importance or power.
3. Jiggery-pokery – Tricky, misrepresentation and manipulation.
4. Mephistophelean – wicked
5. Kakistocracy – Government under the control of a nation’s worst or least-qualified citizens
6. Braggadocio – Boost full or arrogant behavior
7. Ratiocination– The forming of judgment by a process of logical reason 8. Phantasmagoria – a sequence of imaginary images
9. Gargantuan –extremely large
10. Bugaboo – an object of fear
11. Pooh-pooh – Dismiss as being foolish or impractical
12. Insalubrious – unwholesome and unhealthy
13. Odoriferous – having an odor.
14. Lugubrious – mournful, sad, dismal
15. Malodorous – smelling very unpleasant
16. Termagant – a woman who is very strict and who tries to tell people to do things in an unpleasant way
17. Conundrum – A confusing problem or question that is too difficult to solve
18. Alacrit – great willingness or enthusiasm
19. Mendacious – Not telling the truth
20. Egregious – Outstandingly bad and shocking.
Share it Let Friends Know