Views: 168 Posts: 0 Started By: Lil_Prince Last Poster: Lil_Prince Last Post Date: Nov 01, 2015
November 1, 2015 ( Post 1 )


A seven-year-old girl who choked on her school
lunch in Brooklyn has died.
Noelia Echavarria ended up on life support for three
days after the incident which happened at her school.


The family's attorney confirmed that the little girl
died at 8:39 p.m. on Friday.
'My niece came out of the lunchroom eating a
sandwich. They say she was choking. She was
holding her throat,' said Carlos Santiago,
Noelia-Lisa's uncle to ABC7.
'I want the school really, really come and give
me the answer. And I want them to tell me the
reason they let my daughter, be like that in the
hospital, and nobody coming to tell me,' said
the girl's mother Ana Santiago'.

Meanwhile, the EMT who attended the emergency
call has been suspended from his job because it is
against company policy to make a stop without being
called. Assist Ambulance worker Qwasi Reid was
transporting a nursing home patient last Wednesday
with his partner when they were flagged down at a
red light by a distraught man.

Reid told Fox News that his partner told the man
they already had a patient and there was nothing they
could do. Reid said he knew that a choking girl was more urgent than transport of an elderly person so he
decided to step in and try to save the girl's life.
Reid jumped out of the back door of the ambulance
and started administering first aid.


He said he immediately cleared out the little girl's
mouth, put an oxygen mask on her, used a
defibrillator and started CPR.
'She was blue in the face and lips. No
response. Unconscious unresponsive,' Reid
said. Sadly by the time Reid began helping the girl she
had already turned blue since no one at the
school tried to help her before he arrived.

Reid, who has been suspended from his job without
pay for stopping to help the girl, says given the
opportunity he would have made the same decision
all over again.
'I don't regret it,' Reid said. 'I'd do it again. If
I know there's a child choking, I'm going to
do my best to help her,' he added.
Reid said Assist Ambulance suspension of his proves
that the organization is more concerned about
insurance money than they are the well being of
people in need.

It remains unclear what the first grader choked on or
why she had turned blue by the time medics arrived.

The principal of the school denied claims that the
staff didn't do enough to help the child.
'Speaking on behalf of the teachers and staff of
P.S. 250,' Principal RoseAnn LaCioppa wrote
in a letter to parents of the school, 'I want to
reassure you that our school personnel has
been trained in response to emergencies and
we will always follow all protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of all our students.'

The family's attorney David Perecman has several
questions surrounding the choking incident.
'I'm troubled about the amount of time, it took
to call 911,' Perecman said.

'With the little information we have, it appears
there was a 911 phone call at about 2:30. But
that's the same time that the EMT called 911.
And if that's the case, that means he's the first
person to call 911. And if he's the first person
to call 911, then the school did not.'
'I'm trying to find answers, but nobody is giving me
one,' said Noel Santiago, Noelia-Lisa's grandfather.


Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys